sá sem veit bara nokkra hluti, hefur lítið að gleyma. – “He who knows only few things, has little to forget.”
1. you arrived wearing few layers to fight the cold but saw it wasn’t enough to keep warm and ended up traipsing lagevegur wearing iceland’s peasant sweater, the lopi, woolly hat and mittens.
2. you snap photographs 30ppm (pictures per minute) including shadows of yourself wherever you are and shots of all the restrooms you visit on your tours.
3. you start clubbing in reykjavik at 8pm.
4. you begin most of your days in iceland at the tourist info centre.
5. you stop at every souvenir shop you see on your journey to see if the puffin dolls at one store is any cheaper or is of a better quality than the next.
6. you ask the guide if he speaks english as soon as you get on any tour bus. (of course he does, you idiot!)
7. you ask the guide if he speaks japanese as soon as you get on any tour bus.
8. you ask if you can pay for items in american dollars.
9. you stray away from marked paths in volcanic areas and can only find your way back to base when one explodes and erupts on you.
10. you speed on an icy highway in your rented 4WD, causing you to skid and crash just right over a nasty, dangerous looking bridge.